Blue is Greater Boston’s definitive resource for commercial office real estate discussion & analysis. While nicknamed "The Hub," the city of Boston is actually surrounded by a successive array of large cities in its exurban layer, in a hub and spoke-like pattern; we take a look at this pattern when compared to the other of the country's seven largest metropolises - and wonder if this could be part of our congestion & pricing solution!
BLUE Q2 2019
• Raytheon agreed to a merger with United Technologies. A move with big area occupancy implications.
• Bank of America agreed to renew its lease at 100 Federal Street for more than 500,000 SF.
• Nine groundbreakings, totaling 3.6 million SF of new construction market-wide.
• East Cambridge and Industrial South Boston investment values have spiked with surging rents and prospects.
• Nearly one million SF is set for imminent construction, including a 385,000 SF expansion of Google’s Cambridge campus at Kendall Center.
... & much, much more!
Sign Up To Read The Latest Blue Report!
BLUE Q4 2018 HIGHLIGHTS
Positive absorption of 825,000 sf as occupancy has risen an average of 550,000 sf over 35 quarters
A Cambridge record-breaking 900,000 sf lease commitment from Sanofi at Cambridge Crossing
The establishment of research operations of both Apple and Capital One on MIT's campus
The nearing of commercial development at Bulfinch Crossing, and a groundbreaking at Winthrop Center
The latest >$1,000 per sf sale transaction in the Seaport
... and much, much more!